Our goal with the Performance Team is to bring out the best in our dancers. The rehearsals and performances will develop dance technique, build dancers' self-image and confidence, and provide a sense of accomplishment. This should be a positive and motivating experience that will provide new opportunities and encourage students to develop their abilities to their fullest potential. Our performances will enrich the lives of others in our community and beyond.
Dancers ages 6 and up are welcome to join the Performance Team to represent Dorothy's Dancing Unlimited at various performances throughout the northwest suburbs. These local performances will occur from December 2012 through September 2013.Registration
Any dancer may join the Performance Team by attending the placement clinic. Once a dancer is placed on a team, the registration fee is $150.00 and is due by September 10th, 2012. Included with this fee is a Performance Team t-shirt, a black leotard, a ballet skirt, a pair of dance pants, a performance top, and dance shorts.
There will be a placement clinic on September 7th from 5:30-7:00pm at the studio. All interested dancers are required to attend so we may place you on the appropriate team within the Performance Team. Please reserve your spot in the placement clinic by calling the studio at 847-352-0220.
Dance Class Requirement
All dancers enrolled in the Performance Team are required to take certain dance classes at Dorothy's Dancing Unlimited for the entire year. See the requirements below for each age group.
| Ages 6 and 7
- 2 Creative classes with ballet included in one
| Ages 8 and up
- Ballet class
- Jazz class
- Tap class
- Team class
The instructors for the performance team will be Ashley Lanham-Watson, Donna Johnson, and Kelli Myhre-Bahwell. Other instructors from our staff may also choreograph additional routines.
Our performances have not yet been scheduled. As soon as the dates and times are known, they will be communicated to the dancers and their families. We are hoping to have one or two performances each month, primarily on the weekends, beginning in December. As much notice as possible will be given for each performance. Transportation to and from performances will be the responsibility of the parents.
Enrolling in the Performance Team is a commitment from September 2012 through September 2013. All dancers are expected to be at all rehearsals and performances. Dancers must set a good example by following the code of conduct and adhering to the studio dress code. Being a part of this dance team requires special teachers, special students, and special parents. It requires talent, dedication, and regard for each other as team members. This commitment must take priority over other social events. Our combined positive attitude guarantees success.
Some Things To Remember
- As we practice, travel to performances, meet new friends and grow together, let us remember to show respect for ourselves and for others by always being supportive of our fellow team members, parents, and teachers. Team members that support one another stand out as leaders.
- You should always do your personal best and focus on your potential. Students should compete against themselves and not be critical of others. This means concentrating on improving their own capabilities and growing as dancers. Attitude is an important factor when reaching these goals.
- Participation in the Performance Team will provide a feeling of achievement which will give you the confidence to attack other challenges in the future. Always try your best and practice it like you perform it.
- Dorothy's Dancing Unlimited is dedicated to making the performance team a positive experience for all.